In cooperation with the Aine Art Museum and the cities of Tornio and Haparanda and the participating artists, we organize artist residencies from August to December 2022 and produce exhibitions in Tornio and Haparanda. We aim to make working in a residency possible especially for disabled artists and artists who are Sign Language users.
The exhibitions of Making space for artistry project:
- Sofia Karinen: Colours carry, colours transport, with colours, Haparanda Library 20.10.–6.11.2022
- Aino Laiho & Olga Green: Taka-ajatuksia – Baktankar – Ulterior Motives, Haparanda Railway Station 3.–20.11.2022
- Kari Toiviainen: From the front door to the heart, Haparanda Library 24.11.–10.12.2022
- Maarit Hedman & Anu Haapanen, Gallery Kortteeri (Tornio) 2.–18.12.2022
- Group exhibition: Sofia Karinen, Aino Laiho & Olga Green, Kari Toiviainen, Maarit Hedman & Anu Haapanen. Aine Art Museum (Tornio) 14.4.–21.5.2023.